Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
WE HAVE MOVED!
Yes, the adventure continues, just not here!

If you would still like to RP with us, go to;
http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/

We look forward to meeting you!
WE HAVE MOVED!
Yes, the adventure continues, just not here!

If you would still like to RP with us, go to;
http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/

We look forward to meeting you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create your team and explore a completely new world!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Off duty and relaxing (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lance Starr

Stats
Poke: 1000
Team: None
Inventory:

Off duty and relaxing (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am

'Twas not often that the Gabite simply had time to himself, not in the midst of the odd (and not strictly Guild-sponsored, but not by any means shady) jobs, mostly bodyguard duty, he was often on. Thus the black-vested, but otherwise quite ordinary, pokemon found himself here again, a place where he could properly relax while off-duty. More than that, a place where duty wasn't likely to be suddenly called up for some sort of incident happening. A place where he could just... rest, and watch the younger pokemon have fun. Something he'd likely have none of, but it was peaceful just to watch, in its own way. Thus his eyes scanned the others in the area, both within the water and near it, simply taking in the surroundings until something interesting might happen.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:51 am

The pond sure sounds tempting today... Kiru thought as he approached the water. So far, the day had been extraordinarily hot and sunny, and it didn't seem to become cooler any time soon. Normally he would either hide beneath his sister's wing or find some alternative source of shade, but this time no amount of shade was enough to cool the little Zubat down. And thus, he decided to teach himself how to swim. The water would be easier on his burnt wings, as well. Just a little dip... He thought as he prepared to jump into the water. However, the Zubat lost his balance, and wound up falling in, his mouth filling up with water. "S-SIS!" he yelled as he tried to keep floating, but to no avail. He knew his sister had flown off to clear her name.
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:29 am

'Wonderful...'

Grumbling inwardly to himself, but otherwise unable to really do anything, the Gabite sighed and quickly picked himself up; after all, everyone else around was watching the slight spectacle as if waiting to see who would act upon it first. "You really should be more careful," Tyr spoke, his voice naturally carrying a light growl, as he easily lifted the Zubat up partly out of the water. "There a particular reason you seem to be trying to swim?" he inquired.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:46 am

Kiru was close to sinking when he felt the strong, "bladed" arms of a Gabite lifting him up. Having gotten water in his lungs, the little Zubat had some slight difficulties breathing. And when he opened his mouth to apologize, the only thing that would come out was the water that he violently coughed up. Through the coughing fits, he could hear the Gabite speaking to him in a slightly irritated voice, telling him to be more careful. "I-*cough* I'm sorry..." the Zubat stuttered as the coughs started to cease. "It-it's just that the sun is really s-strong today, and I*cough* can't stand heat because of my wings." he explained, giving his burns a modest nod. "So, well, I thought that the water might*cough* cool me down, a-and that I could do some wing exercise in the water...I had no idea the rocks near the*cough* water would be so slippery..." Kiru added, his ears drooping a little as the moment he slipped replayed in his brain. "...Thanks for saving me, mister."
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Briefly the Gabite's eyes seemed to be drawn to the water being spit up, but only briefly; 'twas just a light mix of concern and curiosity. "Hm... well, you might want to come here with someone else if you're not so good at swimming. Though I suppose you're arguably safe with me, since I guard others as a job," Tyr openly considered, giving a little shrug. "Still, I'm not one of those against keeping issues from happening down the way, so I could probably help a little with the swimming if you want," he offered.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Having no more water left in his lungs, Kiru was starting to feel much better. The Gabite seemed to calm down as well, judging from his slightly tense vibes no longer being present. "W-well, as you probably heard when I called for help, I have a...big sister." he replied a little meekly. This pokemon was a guard, after all, and he would most likely not take lightly to the shady past of his sister. It would be best not to reveal too much to this guy, even if he did save him.

"She had to leave temporarily, though. Something about an errand. I-I figured that I could learn to become more independent when she was away...I guess learning to swim by myself really was a bad move, though..." the young Zubat explained, slightly embarrassed. His ears perked up, however, when the Gabite offered to teach him to swim. "R-really? You really wanna teach me, mister? You-you don't have to, but if you really are okay with it, I'd really like to learn how to swim." Kiru stuttered happily. "My name is Kiru, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:03 pm

"Probably was, but I suppose we all make mistakes," Tyr simply said. Better to be fairly honest than beat around the bush or anything of the sort. 'Twas knowing one's faults, after all, that helped one improve. "As for me, I'm Tyr. As for swimming... here. We're staying by the edge for now, to be safe, but we'll work on things. For now, try getting in the water and moving your wings slowly and evenly... I'll help with anything else that's needed," he said, slipping himself down into the water.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Taking a deep breath, Kiru approached the water a second time, being extra careful not to slip this time. Making sure the area was safe and shallow, he lowered himself into the water. This time, his body floated much easier, due to him being calm and not swallowing water. Being a lightweight flying type helped, as well. Following Tyr's guidelines, the Zubat started to move his wings, gently pushing the water down. It felt sort of similar to flying, something he missed doing properly. He smiled. Swimming was definitely something he could use as exercise for his wings once he learnt to do it properly. He would soon be able to "fly" again, using water instead of air. "Say," Kiru asked Tyr as he kept "treading" the water. He felt like he was getting the hang of it, but there was no harm in asking. "Am I doing it right?"
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 pm

"Seems that way, yes, especially as long as you keep calm... I've seen more than one pokemon that's lost it and tried fairly unsuccessfully to flail around," Tyr idly replied, not meaning anything by it. "Can't say I was directly familiar with how pokemon with just wings might swim, but it appears the idea I thought of is sound," the Gabite continued, ignoring the occasional odd glance, probably from pokemon that knew of him, of which he very much doubted the Zubat was among the number of. "And since I'm here anyway... what other things do you plan to learn to be more independent?" he simply asked.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:53 pm

The water soothed the wings of the young Zubat as he swam, occasionally experimenting by moving in different directions. It really did feel similar to flying again, with the exception of changing directions. "Now that I know what to do, I probably won't panic that easily." he replied. "If anything, the water is starting to calm me down. Flapping my wings like this works like a charm, it's almost like flying again!" he added happily. He noticed the heads of some pokemon turning in their direction, probably from recognizing Tyr. Their heads quickly turned the other way when the Gabite turned his head, though.

"Learning to swim is actually related to another goal I've been working on. I want to gain more mobility in general. As you can see, my wings are in a pretty bad shape. I can't fly properly, so my sister mostly ends up carrying me. I wanna change that, so I've been practising my flight ever since my wings regained their mobility. So far, I can only fly about 20 feet at a time, though."
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:11 pm

"Hm... not sure how much I'd be able to help there, since I'm not a flyer by any means," Tyr commented, glancing up to the sky for a moment. What it would be like to fly... he could honestly say he'd never once thought of, not now nor in the past. 'Twas simply something naturally beyond his reach, so why concern himself with the thought? "I'd imagine that windier places might help, in a way, at least for learning how to ride wind more effectively. Besides that, I suppose the water wouldn't be bad for a way to get strength back. Sounds like something happened before, since you said 'regained,' though."
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 am

"I guess you're right. Sorry." Kiru replied, feeling a little insensitive about talking about regaining flight to a pokemon who didn't have that ability in the first place. "A-anyway, I know from experience that windy places are a good idea. Thanks to the wind, and by observing other flying types, I'm at least able to glide a little. And swimming already feels similar to flying, so that's also a good exercise." he smiled, then gained a more serious expression as Tyr wondered what happened. There's no harm in telling him, I suppose...

"About the wing...About half a year ago there was a f-fire in the eastern part of Pecha Forest. Our colony sought shelter in that area for the evening, before the fire. I remember being awakened by the smell of smoke, and by the others panicking. I tried finding my sister, when something knocked me out. I-I don't know what it was, but when I woke up again, I didn't see anyone but my sister, and my wings had been ruined by the fire." he muttered. He didn't want to talk too much about it, yet it was good to get some of it off his chest. "I couldn't even move them the first weeks afterwards..."
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm

"Well... don't let it worry you too much, at least. As to whatever it was that knocked you out, probably some frantic pokemon letting themselves into a panic," Tyr spoke, scratching just slightly at the back of his head. Keeping others out of trouble, he was fairly good at... but knowing what to do after any trouble? Not so much. "If you're still recovering, though, it pays to have someone around to help... it's fine to want to do things on your own, but you never know when something might happen," the Gabite suggested. "Not to mention some food... come on, there should at the least be something to snack on around here," he said, wandering out of the water and waiting on Kiru in case the Zubat might need anything.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 pm

"You're right, Mr. Tyr." Kiru's sad face once again turned into a small smile. Using honorifics wasn't something he was used to doing, but it didn't hurt to be polite. Besides, this was a pokemon he looked up to, he deserve his respect. "Thanks for helping me while Sis is away." just as he finished speaking, his stomach made a small noise. Tyr must've heard it, and perhaps he was getting hungry, as well. Either way, the Gabite suggested a food break, which Kiru happily accepted. "You're probably right about getting some food, as well." he added jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Mister, was it? 'Twas not something the Gabite was wholly unfamiliar with, but it was still... different. It felt a little odd for he who was a loner of sorts to be called something like that, but no matter... his thoughts lingered on it for but a moment.

"No problem... though I'm sort of interested to at least know her name. Just out of curiosity," he inquired, in the meantime letting his eyes wander for a moment or two. All that could really be found were some small berry trees off to the side, which would do just fine. After all, they were a high part of any pokemon's diet. "Here, go ahead and eat up," he said, reaching up and cutting down a few berries for the two of them.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Kiru froze as he got out of the water. This was bad. His attempt at hiding Lilith's name had gone well, until now. If the Gabite heard Lilith's name, he would most likely recognize it as the name of an outlaw, after all, only a few pokemon knew about her change of heart. But he couldn't just avoid answering him, either.

"You...you can probably guess that I've been knowingly hiding her name, huh." he muttered as he made his way towards the berry bush. "O-okay, I'll tell you...as long as you don't tell anyone or jump into conclusions. Please allow me to explain before you decide what to think of her." he proposed. "Promise?"
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 pm

"Probably," Tyr simply replied to the initial statement, without much apparent concern either way. Still, his head tilted slightly to the side in curiosity as the Zubat went on, before he gave a little nod of affirmation. "Yeah, I promise. I don't judge pokemon unless I actually know them; it's not really a trait that'd be useful for a guard, who need to not let any feelings determine anything if they want to stay out of trouble," he idly commented, in the way of someone who was simply stating a mere fact that didn't much concern them. "As bad as you're making it sound, I'm gonna have to guess she's an outlaw for one reason or other... though since I'm not associated with the Guild, I tend not to mind them as much."
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:11 pm

The Zubat let out a sigh of relief before he began explaining. Ever since that one explorer almost arrested his sister, he had been extra sceptic towards telling pokemon with law-related professions about his sister. Telling him seemed to be okay, though. "Yeah, you're right, in a way." he started.

"My sister's name is Lilith, and she...she was an outlaw. She mugged passing pokemon to get enough food for the both of us. She hated it, though. So when an explorer stood up to his own teammate just to give her a chance to change, she was determined to make the best of that chance. That's why she's not here at the moment. She's trying to find ways to help pokemon, to make up for her past way of living. A-and I've been trying to become more independent to help her focus on her own goal, instead of just worrying about me."
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

"I suppose that's... honorable enough," Tyr admitted. He was certain he probably had some faint recollection of the name, but ultimately some tended to get mixed up. Besides, who could really keep decent track of all the known outlaws around? Well, except the Guild and some board or other they likely had for such pokemon, but that was besides the point.

"Anyway, especially if she's changing, then it's hardly something I can be expected to mind, though I might be able to offer some help for all I know. I'm not associated with the Guild, like I said, but I at least have enough of a reputation to be able to do something about such things," he offered, giving a little shrug. More trouble he was possibly getting himself into, but such was his life. "So what're your plans, then, if any? Best thing to do might be to look for some sort of job, however small, to help support things."
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm

"Thank you." Kiru was relieved as Tyr seemed to understand. The relief turned into gratitude when he offered even more help. "Are you sure?" he asked. the Garchomp had, as mentioned, already helped him a lot, and now he wanted to help his sister, as well? This pokemon had a really big heart. "T-thank you..."

As Tyr asked about Kiru's eventual plans, the Zubat had to stop and think for a second. "Plans...I've only really thought about being able to fly well enough for Lilith not having to carry me anymore. But I guess looking for a job won't hurt, either." he thought out loud. "Maybe I could start running errands once I've improved my flight..."
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:53 pm

"Sure enough... I have enough of everything to spare as a free worker of sorts, at least," Tyr replied with another little shrug. And for all he knew, meeting someone new could even help him in finding jobs and that sort of thing. "Something like that probably wouldn't work out badly for you, though; flyers can get around a lot easier than most pokemon, so I doubt there'd be any real shortage of jobs for that kind of work," he considered, popping another berry cleanly into his mouth where his jaws made short work of it. "I probably know at least a few people around that could help find that sort of job, with how long I've been working."
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 pm

"That's what I thought, as well." Kiru replied as he helped himself with a Rawst Berry. Because of their healing effect, Rawst Berries had become one of his favorite foods. Unfortunately, his burns were so severe that he would need many Rawst Berries to heal, and the bushes were usually pretty rare, and carrying only a few berries at the time. "Besides, all Zubats have an internal ultrasonic radar, which is great for navigating. And because Golbats and Crobats begin to rely more on their eyes after they evolve, Zubats actually have a superior radar compared to them. At least, that's what Sis told me after she evolved." he finished awkwardly, not wanting to sound like a braggart.

"Anyway, I'm sure that could come in handy when I run errands." he commented. "After the swim, my wings are already starting to feel better, too. Just a bit more training, and maybe some more Rawst Berries, and I think I might be ready to work, as long as I don't push myself too hard."
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:01 pm

"Hm... true enough, since you mention it," Tyr admitted as the Zubat spoke of their natural radar. What must it be like, the Gabite neither knew nor bothered to think about; he had his own senses, and strength, and that was enough. Then the black vest he still wore that naturally set him apart, aesthetically at least; it had no real utility value, but it was there.

"Probably true there, as long as you're careful enough as well; not that I probably have to say. I could probably look around for something for you tomorrow; wouldn't do much good for you to try and go right after working out," he suggested, giving a little shrug. Amongst things he didn't mention, it wouldn't likely be completely unprofitable for him; if he was tagging along, there'd probably be a cut for him, even if small.
Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:44 pm

"Tomorrow?" Kiru repeated in surprise. The young Zubat wasn't too sure if he was ready to start working just yet. Still, Tyr seemed to have faith in him by making that suggestion, and he had to start eventually, anyway. "That would be great, as long as it is something simple. I-I don't think I'm quite up to something other than basic jobs yet." he added, hoping not to come off as ungrateful.
Back to top Go down
Lance Starr

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 am

"Better sooner than later, right? And that's no problem, I'll at least tag along to make sure all goes well. I wouldn't just send someone off on their own without any real care," the Gabite assured. "Just make sure to get enough rest before then and I'm sure it'll be fine, though of course it might not be too bad an idea to let your sister know you'll be away, if necessary."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off duty and relaxing (Open)   Off duty and relaxing (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Off duty and relaxing (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next