Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
WE HAVE MOVED!
Yes, the adventure continues, just not here!

If you would still like to RP with us, go to;
http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/

We look forward to meeting you!
WE HAVE MOVED!
Yes, the adventure continues, just not here!

If you would still like to RP with us, go to;
http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/

We look forward to meeting you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create your team and explore a completely new world!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
❍ᴥ❍
Chief Updater
❍ᴥ❍

Stats
Poke: 1000
Team: None
Inventory:

Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups Empty
PostSubject: Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups   Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Ik no aga lan dan shak da ran ga khan de.

A time will come when all bow down to the one.

An era of peace and tranquility has ended, and the kingdoms have banded together. No longer do they see each other as enemies, but as allies. The Rhadak Na, the Children of Kuruboros, have begun to drag those they see as sinful into the pits of the Underworld. Normally they only take those that are passing onto the next world for judgement, but they have decided to take them without the permission of Athenos, the Guardian of the two gates to Paradise and Underworld. Some believe it is the Children of the Drakes, but they haven't been seen for decades. Athenos is furious, but unable to remove himself from Purgatory and travel to the Earth itself to stop the Rhadak Na. In his rage he tried to awaken the Gods of Old, speaking the ancient tongue of the Tahkna... But they didn't wake up. He desired the aid, but they refused to answer his call, and even refused the call of the Divine Guardian of Paradise, Laterietenos. Now Athenos has let out a mighty Roar of Judgement to awaken the mythical beings of times past. The Dryads, masters of nature and shapeshifting have awoken first. And have been sent to gather human allies as well as awaken the Children of the Drakes, Elemental Bards, and Aerialane.

The Mythical Beings

Dryads: Masters of Shapeshifting into a creature of choice. Most Dryads only have three forms, as there are three gates to the afterlife. The gain their first form through a trial, and the remaining two are gained at unexpected times. Each form represents one of the three gates. And their first form declares who they will affiliate with. All their forms have some special ability (as in fire breathing, flight, electricity acid), but nothing too powerful, and they are meant to combat unnatural beings or destroy any human settlements that take over their land.

Children of the Drakes: Drakes once roamed the land freely, but humans saw them as a threat and a predator and began to hunt them. The disagreement with humans led them to hide out, but eventually they were found again. Finally the drakes made a deal with Kuruboros, the gatekeeper of the underworld. If they could walk among humans without being undetected, they would drag sixty souls to the underworld each year. If they didn't complete this task they would be forced to stay a drake. The drakes then, nodded and agreed as they resented humans, but now the children of drakes past can resent the fact they have to do such a bloody task each year. Some prefer to stay as drakes, while others gladly preform the task. Children of the Drakes have the ability to transform into their drake form. Some drakes are grounded, while others have wings. There is much variation in the drakes and some are even aquatic or burrow through the ground.

Elemental Bards Long ago people worshiped the Gods completely and fully. They left offerings and sang songs and had many holidays for each God or Goddess. Many humans began to practice the songs for forms entertainment instead of worship, but some took it seriously, and their songs became powerful. These were the Elemental Bards. By singing songs of a God or Goddess, they would gain powers of fight, lightning, ice, or any other element belonging to them. Elemental Bards usually carry a stringed instrument or a small wind instrument. Others may just sing without any. Humans believe the Elemental Bards died out long ago, but the power of ancestors past... Always sleeps within the children in their blood line.

Aerialane Legends whisper of beautiful winged men and women that flew through the skies with the birds. They were adorned with gold jewelry and wore silky flowing garments that almost made them look like Angels of Paradise. The Aerialane are winged human-like mythical beings. They have been known to worship a Goddess of the Sky, but not all do. Their wings come in all colors and tend to resemble different bird species. Their wing spans are very large, as they need to support their weight. Aerialane are very quick and agile, specializing in quick and fast paced attacks that are hard to block. Aerialane were also the best known crafters of weapons, armor, and jewelry and were often called upon. One day, they just vanished and never made contact again. Some believe they migrated to another area like the birds do every Frostfall, but never returned.

The Three Gate Guardians

Athenos: The Guardian of Purgatory, Athenos is a ferious manticore. He has the head of a lion with swirling ram horns. He has a ferocious temper and bares his teeth rather often. One wing is leathery, like the wing of a drake or bat, and another is soft plumage as if it is a bird's wing. He has a thick mane like any male lion. Athenos makes the judgments of where souls go. Either they move to the Underworld or to Paradise. He shows no emotions in his work and has a deep hatred for Kuruboros.

Kuruboros: The Guardian of the Underworld. He tortures souls and makes deals with the living to his benefit. He is a black mamba snake that wears a skull with fur around the back of it. He claims it was the previous Gatekeeper before Athenos, and wears it out of pride and humor at the manticores rage. When the souls come to the underworld, Kuruboros bites them and twists them between his scales and tortures them for an eternity because of their sins.

Laterietenos: The Guardian of Paradise. Laterietenos is a white peacock. She guards the gate to Paradise and perches atop the highest portion of the golden gate. Laterietenos is a calm collected Guardian, and does not openly show rage or spite like Athenos and Kuruboros do, but she is slower to take action. She is warm and compassionate and welcomes all those who come to Paradise by embracing them in her warm, soft wings.

The Humans: At one point humans were firm believers in ancient legends and Gods and Goddesses, but as they built kingdoms and became drunk on merriment and free time, they focused less on worship and more on self pleasure. There are still warriors, paladins, wizards, and many other humans that follow a certain faith, but their faith is weaker and not as effective as any mythical being.

Extra Info

What is the time period like?

This time period is a set in an older time when people traveled by horse, kings and queens ruled and large kingdoms and small villages were prominent. Farms are more prominent here as they get their vegetables, fruit, and fresh meat from them. It takes longer to travel and most rely on horse draw carriages to get around.

Can I be a human?

Of course! In fact it is encouraged as much as any character.

What age should I make my character?

Preferably in their early 20s, as any teen would probably be working a blacksmith or at an inn. But if you really want to make them younger, feel free to. Some mythical beings live longer than others, but for now we will place them in human years.

Should my character have a certain look to them?

There are no set limits on looks, as long as a race that has wings.. Has wings.. xD

Are there evil and good?

Indeed! And you can choose to be evil if you like! This is meant to create a dynamic storyline that has unexpected events that can be triggered by anyone. If you want an event to happen, just say so! Serving the underworld isn't necessarily evil, but you can be evil if you want to, or resent it entirely.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Character bios will probably be different for each character depending on the race you pick, so tweak a basic bio to fit your needs.~

Example of a character Bio for this, and my character:

Name: Fanganine
Race: Dryad
Dryad Forms: A strange lion-like hyena creature with glowing blue eyes. (So lazy now I'm using my own reference picture. |D; )

Appearance: Dark skin, dark eyes, and her hair twisted into a fluffy and slightly messy spiked ponytail.
She wears a soft green skirt that reaches to her knees and is trimmed with some brown and gold on the ends. Her top is a brown, sleeveless shirt with a raggedy green scarf wrapped around her neck. She wears flat, brown boots and no socks.

Her build is muscular and toned, as she has been running around on foot for a while. And she is on the taller side around 5'9".
Back to top Go down
http://milfeyu.deviantart.com/
Axineld

Axineld

Stats
Team: Assult
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups   Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I will work on my character but first I have a few questions, can someone be a human but also be an elemental bard? Also, are there other gods besides the three you listed? Also, how many characters can we have? Once those have been answered I will post my character, and I can't wait to RP this.
Back to top Go down
❍ᴥ❍
Chief Updater
❍ᴥ❍

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups   Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Ahah it's still in the workings. School has completely taken up all my time and stuff. Hence my absence and lack of editing. My apologies! And yes Humans are usually bards actually. ;3 I'm working on another section on top of a few other legends of gods/goddesses considering they will be fairly important in the storyline. o3o And I'm probably going to limit it to three until I know how many people are joining. owo
Back to top Go down
SereneLittleRose
Admin
SereneLittleRose

Stats
Poke: 1280
Team: ShadowFern/DesertWind /Voltage/Obsidian/Storm /Oncoming Storm
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups   Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:58 pm

I know I want to join, I just haven't had time to make a char that I like. Your rp sounds really interesting though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.com
❍ᴥ❍
Chief Updater
❍ᴥ❍

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups   Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Haha there's no rush dear! c8 It's still got a lot of content I need to add to this thread alone for reference and such. And I need to make a reference sheet for the legends, gods, mythical beings, time frame, culture, creatures, and such... Ahhh I've been so lazy!

And thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups   Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups Empty

Back to top Go down

Khazha Ak Lagha Chronicles - Signups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Out of Character :: Free Chat :: Free Roleplay-
Jump to: